Faith plays much smaller role in Buddhism then in other religions.
It is like the rocket required by a spacecraft to pull free of the gravitational pull of the earth.
Once it has served its purpose it falls away.
The objects of faith in Buddhism are verifiable
by every Buddhist. They should all be put to the test.
These include the following principles.
1. All mental suffering is conditioned by
‘defilements such as greed, anger, hatred, jealousy , confusion etc.
2. Defilements are all impermanent, conditioned phenomena.
3. All defilements can be completely
eliminated by practicing the Eightfold Path.
4. Elimination of defilements results in profound
inner peace and the perfection of wisdom and compassion.
5. Freedom from defilements is the greatest
possible human achievement.